The Soil Science Society of Nigeria (SSSN) as a tradition confers the Society’s “Fellow” award to deserving members for outstanding teaching and/or research or services in the field of Soil Science and substantial contribution to the Soil Science Society of Nigeria (SSSN) with a minimum of 10 [ten] active [ continuous] years of registered membership.
Nominations for these awards are to be made by the National Members.
Nominations will include a full case for the award including a detailed curriculum vitae (giving full details of research/services accomplishments).
Please see below detailed information concerning the modalities for the nomination of the prospective awardees.
Nominations should be made by accomplished, highly-respected senior soil scientists. The Nominee must provide the information set out below in the format requested.
Successful awardees will be conferred with the “Fellow of the Soil Science Society of Nigeria” (fsssn) during the 43rd Annual Conference of the Society at University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Monday 14th – Friday 18th July, 2019.
Nomination Information (to be provided by the Nominee)
Details of Nominee
- Title, Full Name, Date of Birth, Gender and Nationality,
- Family information (optional)
- Current position and address
- Email address, phone
Profile of the Candidate
- Academic background (degrees, level, awarding university, year, awards and prizes and fellowships). Maximum of 20 lines
- Positions held (period, position, institution). Maximum of 20 lines
- Summary of expertise and areas of academic/research interests. Maximum of 20 lines
- Summary of National and International activities Maximum of 20 lines
- Summary of publication (that is total numbers only [not individual titles] of publications in the following categories: a) books and monographs, b) referred international journals, c) referred chapters and reviews, d) referred international e) conference papers); total citations and H-index as given by the reputable internationally-recognised citation and compilation Maximum of 15 lines
- An important Statement of Intent including the Nominee’s vision for the SSSN and an outline of what the Candidate intends to achieve if award is received. Maximum of 30 lines
- Years of membership of Soil Science Society of Nigeria.
- Therefore, the full nomination package will consist of
- A covering letter from the Nominators including a statement of support
- The ‘Nomination Information’ to be provided by the Nominee in the format requested
- The Nominee’s citation.
Nomination Documentation should be submitted preferably in electronic form to email@example.com or by mail to:
Prof. T. A. Okusami
Chairman, Award Committee
Department of Soil Science and Land Resources Management,
Federal University, Wukari,
With a copy sent to Prof. Bashiru A. Raji,